Saturday, October 20, 2007

Site model done


Yes the site model has been done. I had some luck with that score on several accounts: I had already booked for 12-1pm but i knew that wasn't going to be enough.... I was right. But fortunately, a friend lent me some of her time because she didn't need an hour (1-2pm) and another friend had already kindly offered me from 2-3pm. So I had from 12-3pm!! awesome. Then at 3-4pm another mate didn't need all the time so I managed to get a while in at the end of that slot, during which time a fire broke out in one of the laser cutters and melted the window somewhat... luckily it was still working! And one last roll of the dice came up with the technicians allowing us to go over time...significantly (it was supposed to close at 4pm). So, I somehow managed to get all the sections done. If I had stuck to the original plan (518 sections/slices) then I definitely would have never finished. I'll be getting another picture to show the result later. Meanwhile, wonder at the number of sections that were printed from the Sketchup model....

No comments: